Today, a new generation of lab science courses are available online, many of them involving home lab kits or virtual simulations.
Can I take General Chemistry Online?
This course is accompanied by General Chemistry I Lab Online and covers the elementary principles and theories of chemistry; matter, measurement, atoms, ions, molecules, reactions, chemical calculations, thermochemistry, bonding, molecular geometry, periodicity, gases.
How hard is chemistry online?
In fact, Chemistry is considered one of the most difficult subjects in College. Some of the more advanced chemistry courses (like Physical Chemistry) have been determined to be the hardest classes in College.
Are lab classes hard online?
Lab-based courses typically require specialized equipment and supplies, making them among the most difficult types of courses to transition into an online format.
Are college labs hard?
Labs are up about 4 hours a piece for each report per week, plus lab time, when I was taking them. They weren’t hard so much as tedious- you have to be thorough in your reports if you expect As. The classes themselves weren’t so bad, but the homework could also be time consuming.
What are the challenges you faced in taking online laboratory courses?
Among the reported challenges are lack of appropriate devices, poor learning space at home, stress among students, and lack of fieldwork and access to laboratories.
Can I take Chem 2 online?
You’ll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you.
Which online course is best for chemistry?
- Udemy. General Chemistry Condensed.
- Udemy. Chemistry 101 – Part 1 Principles of Chemistry.
- FutureLearn. Teaching Primary Sciences: Chemistry.
- FutureLearn. Exploring Everyday Chemistry.
- FutureLearn. Atmospheric Chemistry: Planets and Life Beyond Earth.
Where can I learn chemistry online?
- Udemy. Udemy feature a wide array of chemistry lessons on their site that you can take to learn more about the essentials of the subject.
Is chemistry easier than biology?
A’level Chemistry is definitely more difficult than A’Level Biology.
How do you not fail chemistry?
- Don’t cram for a test. Don’t put yourself in a position where you have to stay up all night studying.
- Get sleep before a test. Eat breakfast.
- Read through the test before answering any questions.
- Be sure to answer the high-point questions.
- Review returned tests.
Which is harder chemistry or physics?
Physics is the hardest major; it is harder than chemistry, biology, psychology, computer science, astronomy, biochemistry, and geology. The level of math and the number of abstract concepts in physics is unparalleled. Physics is more challenging than all other sciences.
How long are chem labs in college?
Lab typically is held once a week for 2-4 hours depending on the class, so it definitely cuts into your free time, but that’s about it. It offers time to do practically what you’ve been learning about in lecture and I have found is usually fun anyway, even if you do have to spend more time “in class”.
What is a college lab class like?
Usually lab classes are scheduled at a separate time from the lecture period. During lab courses, students get a hands-on experience of the subject being taught during the lecture. College labs are most often attached to science and pre-med classes.
What is the easiest lab science to take in college?
- Geology. Geology is widely regarded as one of the easiest science classes you could take in college.
- Physics. Physics is a fascinating field, and taking a course in it will vastly improve your understanding of the world around us.
How do you survive a chem lab?
- Pre-read the lab before going to class.
- Take advantage of the people around you.
- Keep a Clean Notebook.
- Wear Proper Lab Clothes.
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN.
How do online lab courses work?
What makes chemistry difficult?
Chemistry had been regarded as a difficult subject for students by many researchers, teachers and science educators [7-8] because of the abstract nature of many chemical concepts, teaching styles applied in class, lack of teaching aids and the difficulty of the language of chemistry.
What are the 5 disadvantages of online classes?
- Online Learning May Create a Sense of Isolation. Everyone learns in their own manner.
- Online Learning Requires Self-Discipline.
- Online Learning Requires Additional Training for Instructors.
- Online Classes Are Prone to Technical Issues.
- Online Learning means more screen-time.
What are the disadvantages of online classes?
- Online courses require more time than on-campus classes.
- Online courses make it easier to procrastinate.
- Online courses require good time-management skills.
- Online courses may create a sense of isolation.
- Online courses allow you to be more independent.
Is General Chem 2 hard?
I had Gen Chem 2 during a summer session and found it to be VERY difficult. Fortunately, having just completed advanced organic, I can say that it was personally the hardest class I have ever taken. Yes, it helps for the MCAT, but don’t start thinking that classes only get worse.
Does Chem 2 have a lab?
General Chemistry II Lab Course Overview CHEM 1011L is a one-credit, lab-only, online general chemistry course. Since this is the second of two semesters in this series, it will be assumed that the student taking this course has a good understanding of general chemistry.
What is covered in Chem 2?
Topics covered in General Chemistry II include acids and bases, kinetics and equilibria of chemical reactions, properties of gases and solutions, electrochemistry, and nuclear chemistry. chemical reactions occurring in solution.
Can I learn chemistry on my own?
You can self learn chemistry by reading a variety of chemistry books. The best chemistry books will help you understand the periodic table, chemical reactions, and chemical formulas. Additionally, you can learn the basic and advanced concepts of chemistry by taking online courses.
Which course is best for chemistry students?
- Bachelor of Science (BS)
- BS MS.