On average, a personal trainer’s salary in 2020 was around $40,510. Depending on the sector, this can be more. For example, the average private personal trainer averages $78,000 per year. The highest-paid personal trainers are making thousands per day.
Is it worth becoming a physical trainer?
If you’re passionate about health and fitness and helping others, personal training can be a great career path. Median pay for personal trainers is $38,160, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, and demand is expected to grow by about 8 percent.
Do trainers make good money?
The average income for an entry-level personal trainer is $16.70 per hour or about $34,000 per year. The average for all trainers is about $42,000, with only the top 10 percent exceeding $76,000. (Those numbers go up or down depending on where you live and work.)
What is the highest paid trainer?
- Crunch Fitness – $56,454 per year.
- LA Fitness – $53,147 per year.
- 24 Hour Fitness – $51,133 per year.
- Lifetime Fitness – $49,025 per year.
- Equinox – $47,866 per year.
- Gold’s Gym – $39,853 per year (calculated from $19.16 per hour)
Can you live off being a personal trainer?
Can I make good money as a personal trainer? Yes, making good money as a personal trainer is very viable. Even entry-level personal trainers can make upwards of $25 an hour, and easily up to $100 an hour if they are experienced.
Why do personal trainers quit?
I quit being a personal trainer for three simple reasons; money, disillusionment, and career progression. These are the same reasons that thousands of other personal trainers have quit the industry too. They can’t earn enough money, lose faith in what they’re doing, and no longer see it as a long-term career.
Can you make 100k as a personal trainer?
In the personal training industry, 25-32 hours is considered full-time (once again, depending on location and self-drive). In order to make 100k, you need to be bringing in $8,333/ month.
How can I make a living in fitness?
- Create a Digital Fitness Platform.
- Nutrition Planning and Consulting.
- Fitness and Activewear Products.
- Sell Digital and Downloadable Content.
- Run Specialized Sessions.
- Offer Group Training.
- Host Health and Fitness Retreats.
- Become an Affiliate Partner.
What is a typical day for a personal trainer?
Working with clients, leading group workouts, and being in front of people all day can be physically demanding. Even when they’re not at work in the gym, most personal trainers will still be checking messages and following up with clients to be sure they have a full schedule for the next day.
How can a trainer make a lot of money?
- Sell Membership Models. Most of the time, 10- and 20-pack sessions aren’t bringing enough money.
- Offer In-Home Personal Training.
- Host Boot Camps.
- Provide Personalized Workouts and Meal Plans.
Can you make 6 figures as a personal trainer?
According to our salary survey of more than 1,000 personal trainers, one in five trainers earn $75,000 or more per year. One out of every 10 trainers earn six figures or above. Those odds are slightly better than you’ll find in other careers. But there’s a lot you can do to improve your position.
How do I succeed as a personal trainer?
- Find a niche.
- Listen to your clients.
- Get plenty of experience.
- Learn how to be a coach.
- Be a leader and a teacher.
- Train the client based on what works for them.
- Train on movement first.
- Use intensely wisely.
Who is the No 1 fitness trainer in the world?
1. Nick Mitchell. Nick is the founder of Ultimate Performance. He’s based in London but with facilities operating on four different continents globally.
How much is a celebrity fitness trainer?
Celebrity personal trainers charge anywhere from $100 to $500 per session, according to 2011 data from the Los Angeles Personal Trainer website and 2009 information from Jim O’Connor of Wellness Word.
Who is Kim Kardashian’s personal trainer?
Kim Kardashian has maintained a famously fit physique over the years and to do so she has spent a lot of time perfecting her exercise routine with fitness coach, Melissa Alcantara.
Do you have to be skinny to be a personal trainer?
A combination of attitude, education and personal attributes, including fitness level and empathy is the recipe for an amazing PT. At the end of the day, you don’t need to be extremely fit and/or muscular to be a personal trainer, so long as you’re helping clients to reach their own personal goals.
What are the cons of being a personal trainer?
- Inconsistent income. Whether you work for yourself or for an employer, income can be inconsistent as a personal trainer because your earnings depend on how many clients you work with each week.
- Challenging clients.
- Risk of injury.
- Inconvenient work hours.
Is it hard being a personal trainer?
Becoming a personal trainer isn’t hard, but serious work and study are required. Look at both entry-level and advanced certification programs. Personal trainers need to spend a lot of time experimenting in the gym to gain knowledge. Personal trainers must put the necessary effort into marketing.
What other jobs can a personal trainer do?
- Run group fitness classes.
- Become a gym manager.
- Be a professional workout developer.
- Explore online personal training.
- Fitness industry sales.
- Health and wellness coaching.
- Corporate health and fitness.
- Fitness model.
How many hours do trainers work?
Trainers work full time 40 hours per week. The exact schedule varies between each club, since the schedule itself is set at the franchisee level. The only requirement from corporate is that a trainer is there 40 hours per week, as this allows them to offer all of the classes they require.
How many hours a day do trainers work?
Working part-time as a freelance trainer in a gym fits somewhere in the middle. With this option, you’ll be contracted to work anywhere between 12 and 24 hours for the gym, and then you can schedule sessions with clients outside of those hours.
How many clients does the average personal trainer have?
The average number of clients seen via individual sessions is thought to be somewhere between 10 and 25.
Is personal training a good career?
A personal training career is fantastic for people who love being fit and healthy and want an active job rather than a desk job. Plus, you can be your own boss and make your schedule fit your life. If you have an entrepreneurial streak, there are various opportunities to set up your own business.
Is 50 too old to become a personal trainer?
“Am I too old to be a personal trainer?” You’re never too old to start an exercise program and the same is true when it comes to being a personal trainer. NFPT has an active and certified 82 year old trainer, so I’d say there really is no limit!
How do I market myself as a personal trainer?
- Define your ideal client.
- Develop your personal training brand.
- Dedicate time to your website content.
- Write guest blogs for high-authority sites.
- Harness social media.
- Maximize your visibility online.
- Send emails consistently.
- Encourage referrals.