- Scope the entire subject. Scope the whole subject using the official IB Biology guide.
- Attempt and analyse a full timed P1 and P2 past paper. Don’t overthink.
- Create the Recall Spreadsheet. Create a google spreadsheet with all the paper 2 extended response questions from the last 5-7 years.
How do I pass the IB biology exam?
- Read the question carefully.
- Cover the answer choices!
- Eliminate – Eliminate – Eliminate.
- Only change answers if you are ABSOLUTELY SURE the current answer is incorrect.
- Avoid patterns (i.e. selecting “C” because there hasn’t been one in a while)
- On the actual exam, you’ll be able to write on the test.
Is the IB biology HL exam hard?
There are many reasons that make each class hard in its own way, but IB Biology is by far the most challenging class, and students taking it to face many challenges and hardships.
How do I get a 7 biology HL IB?
What is the hardest IB Biology topic?
According to the experience of many former IB students and of many Biology teachers, the topic that causes difficulty in IB Biology is Topic 3: Generics.
Is IB Biology SL easy?
IB biology is often regarded as the easy science, and in many ways it is…. … when you compare it to other sciences.
How do you study for biology?
- Make learning a daily routine.
- Flesh out notes in 24-48 hour cycle. ”
- Study to understand, not just to memorize words.
- Learn individual concepts before integrating it together.
- Use active study methods.
- You need to test yourself frequently to truly gauge how much you comprehend.
What is IB Biology HL?
The IB Diploma Programme biology higher level course covers the relationship of structure and function at all levels of complexity. Students learn about cell theory, the chemistry of living things, plant science and genetics, among many other topics to further their understanding of and learning about biology.
Is BioNinja a good source?
BioNinja is a website specially created to help students easily find the most relevant information on each subtopic of the Biology syllabus. It’s definitely one of the best sites to visit when exam time is coming!
What’s the hardest IB subject?
Visual arts rounds out our ‘hardest’ IB diploma. There is no large difference between the average scores in the most common arts subjects (Music, Theatre, and Visual Arts) but visual arts ended up with the lowest average score in 2019.
Is IB biology HL harder than a level biology?
The IB is considerably harder than A-levels. In the IB, students must study six subjects plus extras whereas with A-levels students study three subjects. With so much workload, it is no surprise that many students taking the IB end up with relatively low grades (24-30 points).
How hard is it to get a 45 in IB?
Each year, less than 1% of students achieve a 45 in their IB. With these kind of odds against you, you need a bit of help.
How hard is it to get a 7 in IB?
IB Physics, especially at the Higher Level, is one of the most difficult subjects in the IB Diploma. Nonetheless, it is still very possible to attain a 7. In fact, according to the IB Statistical Report in November 2009, 31% of Standard Level Candidates and 20% of Higher Level Candidates received a 7.
How do you score good on biology IA?
- Cut to the chase – don’t be too wordy.
- Be self-explanatory – you shouldn’t need another sentence to explain what your research question means.
- Establish a dependent variable.
- Establish an independent variable.
How many trials do you need in a bio IA?
Detail should allow repeatability. You should ensure that your procedure includes at least 5 independent variable “intervals” 5 temps, 5 pH’s, 5 concentrations, etc and also includes a minimum of 5 repeats trials.
What is the easiest IB HL?
Spanish HL tops the list of the easiest IB courses with an average score of 0.1 times more than the French.
Why is IB bio so hard?
While chemistry and physics are based on conceptual and calculated understanding, biology is different in that it is solely based on memorizing information and writing it out to prove your knowledge. The concepts in IB Biology are very hard to understand and the contents are long which is a challenge for the student.
What is the easiest IB class?
- Group 1 – Language A1. Everyone in the US has to take English and/or Literature, which aren’t relatively easy.
- Group 3 – Individuals and Societies.
- Group 4 – Experimental Sciences.
- Group 5 – Mathematics.
- Group 6 – The Arts.
Which is the easiest science in IB?
Physics is the easiest subject to score a 7 in, with 23% scoring 7s at SL and 30% scoring 7s at HL. Chemistry is in the middle, with 14% achieving a 7 at SL and 26% achieving a 7 at HL.
What is the best IB subject combination?
For students taking the IB, you are advised to take at least two, and ideally three, of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics at Higher Level. The most natural pairings are Biology and Chemistry, Chemistry and Physics, and Mathematics and Physics.
Why is IB difficult?
It’s Intense. The essential requirement to graduate with an IB diploma is that a student has to take at least six subjects. Out of the chosen six subjects, the student needs to specialise in any three or four of them. That means that you need to opt for a Higher Level (HL) in those subject.
How many hours should I study for biology?
However, it depends mainly upon you like for how many hours you can study + with concentration. For Biology- you make it a habit that you need to study it daily -> 2 hours in the noon and 2 hours in the night. By doing this you can complete 1 to 2 chapters daily.
What is the best time to study biology?
Learning is most effective when the brain is in acquisition mode, generally between 10:00 am to 2:00 p.m. and then again from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
How do I study biology last minute?
- DON’T put life (completely) on hold. Yes – exam periods will be much more focussed on study than in general.
- DO make a plan.
- DON’T ‘cram’.
- DO practice tests.
- DON’T over do it.
- DO get a good sleep.
- DON’T eat junk food.
- DO take breaks.
Is IB harder than AP?
Is IB harder than AP? It depends. Some students argue that IB is more challenging because of the emphasis on critical thinking and the more application-focused evaluations. However, both IB and AP classes are considered college-level courses that many students find challenging.