Use a butter knife and spoon to break up/partially scoop out the inside of the lemon. Add a few drops of food coloring to the inside of the lemon. Pour some baking soda on top of the lemon. Use the butter knife to mix the baking soda with the inside of the lemon. Watch it go!
What are some easy chemistry experiments?
- Borax Snowflake.
- Mentos and Diet Soda Fountain.
- Penny Chemistry.
- Invisible Ink.
- Colored Fire.
- Seven-Layer Density Column.
- Homemade Ice Cream in a Plastic Bag.
What are some good chemistry projects?
- Milk Painting.
- Citrus Battery.
- Elephant Toothpaste.
- Plastic Milk and Curds & Whey Experiment.
- Chemistry Clock.
- Blow Balloons with Yeast and Sugar.
- Lemon Volcano.
- The Colorful Cabbage Juice Science Experiment and Acid Base Experiment with Cabbage.
What are some cool chemical reactions?
- of 10. Thermite and Ice.
- of 10. Briggs-Rauscher Oscillating Clock.
- of 10. Hot Ice or Sodium Acetate.
- of 10. Magnesium and Dry Ice Reaction.
- of 10. Dancing Gummy Bear Reaction.
- of 10. Fire Rainbow.
- of 10. Sodium and Chlorine Reaction.
- of 10. Elephant Toothpaste Reaction.
What are some chemistry labs?
- Gas Chromatography.
- GLOBE Atmosphere.
- GLOBE Soils.
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography.
- Visible Spectroscopy.
- Ultraviolet/Visible Spectroscopy.
- Infrared Spectroscopy.
What are the top 10 science fair projects?
- Baking Soda and Vinegar Volcano.
- Mentos and Soda Fountain.
- Invisible Ink.
- Crystal Growing.
- Vegetable Battery.
- Wind Energy.
- Water Electrolysis.
- Plant Science.
How do you make hot ice?
Combine baking soda and vinegar to make sodium acetate, or hot ice! It crystalizes instantly when you pour it, allowing you to create a tower of crystals. Since the process of crystallization is exothermic, the “ice” that forms will be hot to the touch. Science is so cool!
What is a good science fair project?
Does the color of a room affect human behavior? Do athletic students have better lung capacity? What brand of battery lasts the longest? Does the type of potting soil used in planting affect how fast the plant grows?
How do you make magic milk paint?
What is the most violent chemical reaction?
Azidoazide azide is the most explosive chemical compound ever created. It is part of a class of chemicals known as high-nitrogen energetic materials, and it gets its “bang” from the 14 nitrogen atoms that compose it in a loosely bound state. This material is both highly reactive and highly explosive.
Which is the fastest chemical reaction?
German and US scientists recently reported an unusual feat: they observed the world’s fastest chemical reaction, during which hydrogen atoms bind onto and then leave a sheet of graphene, all within ten quadrillionths (10^-14) of a second.
What household items can make a chemical reaction?
Chemical reactions happen when two substances are combined and a change occurs in the resulting mixture. Many reactions can be created using common household items such as vinegar, food coloring, dish soap and salt. Some reactions are very messy and should be done outside if possible.
Is slime a chemical reaction?
Slime is made after a chemical reaction between two main ingredients; polyvinyl alcohol and borate ion. Both of which you can find in everyday household items. Polyvinyl alcohol can be found in simple PVA glue and borate ion is created when bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) is mixed with contact lens solution.
How do u make elephant toothpaste?
Make Elephant Toothpaste Pour 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide solution, 1/4 cup dishwashing soap, and a few drops of food coloring into the bottle. Swish the bottle around to mix the ingredients. Set the bottle in a sink or outdoors or some other place where you won’t mind getting wet foam everywhere.
How do you make cool chemical reactions at home?
What is the easiest science fair project?
- Amplify a smartphone.
- Send a teabag flying.
- Watch the water rise.
- Set raisins dancing.
- Race a balloon-powered car.
- Crystallize your own rock candy.
- Repel glitter with dish soap.
- Blow the biggest bubbles you can.
What are some 7th grade science fair projects?
- Drive a balloon-powered car.
- Construct a DIY Grow Box.
- Sort jellybeans to learn genetics.
- Make a teabag float on air.
- Crush a can using air pressure.
- Construct a geodesic dome.
- Design a solar oven.
- Spherify your favorite beverage.
What is the easiest science project?
Easy Vinegar and Baking Soda Volcano The chemical volcano is a popular science project because it is very easy and yields reliable results. The basic ingredients for this type of volcano are baking soda and vinegar, which you probably have in your kitchen.
Can u eat hot ice?
Can I Eat Hot Ice? Technically you can, but I wouldn’t recommend it. It is not toxic, but it is not edible.
How do you make a sugar snake?
Is Hot ice Possible?
It’s both solid and liquid, it’s 60 times denser than ordinary water ice, and it forms at temperatures almost as hot as the sun’s surface. It’s superionic ice — and for the first time, scientists have made it in the lab.
What experiments can I do at home?
Baking soda volcano In this experiment, a chemical reaction between baking soda and vinegar creates “lava” bursting out of a model volcano. As the reaction produces carbon dioxide gas, pressure builds up inside a plastic bottle hidden inside the volcano until the gas bubbles and erupts.
What are some good science fair projects for 12th graders?
- What is the best way to keep the fizz in an opened carbonated soft drink?
- Find and test a non-toxic antifreeze.
- Study the toxicity of energy drinks.
- Measure the toxicity of silver-mercury amalgam fillings.
- Determine which type of invisible ink is the most invisible.
How can I win science fair?
- First, make sure you choose a topic that you find interesting.
- Once you have picked a topic, do a lot of research on it.
- Plan your project.
- Keep a lab notebook (also called an activity log or journal).
- Form a hypothesis and then test it.
- Do the work.
- Figure out what happened and why and document the result.
What happens if you mix lemon and baking soda?
Lemon juice contains citric acid which when mixed with the base, baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), reacts to form carbon dioxide and sodium citrate which causes the liquid to fizz and bubble.