- Focus on High School Chemistry Student Textbook – Best Overall.
- Chemistry: Concepts and Problems – A Self-Teaching Guide.
- Chemistry: The Central Science – Best In-depth and General.
- High School Chemistry Unlocked.
- A Self-Study Guide to the Principles of Organic Chemistry.
How do you self-study general chemistry?
You can self learn chemistry by reading a variety of chemistry books. The best chemistry books will help you understand the periodic table, chemical reactions, and chemical formulas. Additionally, you can learn the basic and advanced concepts of chemistry by taking online courses.
What is the best chemistry textbook for jamb?
- New School Chemistry for Senior Secondary Schools, Ababio, O. Y. (2009), (Fourth edition), Onitsha: Africana FIRST Publishers Limited.
- Senior Secondary Chemistry, Bajah, S.T.; Teibo, B. O., Onwu, G.; and Obikwere, A.
- Understanding Chemistry for Schools and Colleges, Ojokuku, G. O.
How can I study chemistry in one day?
What does General chemistry 1 Learn?
Course Introduction In this course, we study chemistry from the ground up, beginning with the basics of the atom and its behavior, then progressing to the chemical properties of matter and the chemical changes and reactions that take place all the time in our world.
How do you read Chemistry textbooks?
Which book is best for 11 Chemistry?
- NCERT Chemistry.
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon.
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry.
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for class 11th and 12th.
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J. D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry.
- Dinesh Chemistry.
What is the basic Chemistry?
Chemistry is the branch of science concerned with the substances of which matter is composed, the investigation of their properties and reactions, and the use of such reactions to form new substances.
How do I get better at general chemistry?
- Understand Electrons. Chemistry is considered the study of matter.
- Read before the Lecture.
- Go to Class.
- Organize your Notes.
- Take Practice Exams.
- Study Every Day.
- Join a Study Group.
- Practice Solving Chemistry Problems.
Why do I struggle in chemistry?
Chemistry is a challenging subject for most people, but it doesn’t have to be. The number one reason people struggle with chemistry is that they don’t approach it the right way. Below we’ll explore proven strategies and techniques that will, if applied, improve your ability to study and learn chemistry.
How do you get an A in chemistry?
- Tip 1: Know the history of Chemistry.
- Tip 2: Learn the Periodic Table using songs and mnemonics.
- Tip 3: The secret to success is using formulas!
- Tip 4: Know how to write Extended Experimental Investigation (EEI) and Extended Response Questions (ERQ)
What are jamb recommended textbooks?
- Ndu, F.O. C. Ndu, Abun A.
- Odunfa, S.A. (2001) Essential of Biology, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Oguniyi M.B. Adebisi A.A. and Okojie J.A. (2000) Biology for Senior Secondary Schools: Books 1 – 3, Macmillan.
- Ramalingam, S.T. (2005) Modern Biology, SS Science Series.
- Stan. (
What should I read for Chemistry 2022?
- Textbook Name: New School Chemistry for Senior Secondary Schools.
- Textbook Name: Essential Chemistry for Senior Secondary Schools.
- Textbook Name: Senior Secondary School Chemistry.
- Textbook Name: Understanding Chemistry for Schools and Colleges.
Is physics harder than chemistry?
Physics is slightly harder than chemistry because it is more math-oriented and has more abstract concepts. At the high school level, chemistry is actually more difficult than physics. Beyond high school, physics is harder than chemistry as it is calculus-based and extremely complex.
Is General chemistry hard?
A notoriously difficult class, Gen Chem is a requirement for all students on the pre-med track. I spoke with some first-year students to find out if Gen Chem truly is all that bad, and overall, the general consensus is that while Gen Chem is super difficult, you will be fine as long as you study and do the homework.
Which is the best time to study chemistry?
Study chemistry when you are awake! We all tend to put off things that are difficult, but this means that you might end up studying chemistry at the very end of the day when you are already worn out and too tired to think well. And, if you never practice then it will never get easier!
Where do I start with chemistry?
- Familiarizing Yourself With the Periodic Table.
- Knowing the Composition of Atoms.
- Grasping Reactions and Bonding.
- Getting a Chemistry Education.
What are the 5 types of chemistry?
In a more formal sense, chemistry is traditionally divided into five major subdisciplines: organic chemistry, biochemistry, inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, and physical chemistry.
Can you do chemistry at home?
Not everybody has access to a professional chemistry lab, so setting up a home chemistry lab is your best bet if you want to do chemistry experiments at home. Chemistry is an experimental science, and the best way to enjoy it and learn about it is performing experiments.
Should you read textbooks cover to cover?
What is the first topic in chemistry?
The main topics in chemistry include acids and bases, atomic structure, the periodic table, chemical bonds, and chemical reactions.
How do you effectively study science textbooks?
Try to skim through the book or material you are using to study and note down important points or main ideas. If it’s a textbook, review any summaries they’ve provided at the end of the chapters. If you have notes from class discussions, review those as well.
Which is better Pradeep or modern ABC for chemistry?
Goodreads rates Modern ABC Chemistry at 4.06 whereas Modern ABC scores 3.8 based on student reviews. Generally goodreads is a good measure of what students say on the book. Pradeep’s Physics gets a thumbs up with 4.45 although number of raters are less. Similarly Pradeep’s Chemistry gets a high rating of 4.5.
How many books of chemistry are there in class 11?
Ncert Chemistry Class 11&12 (Set Of 4 Books) (Paperback, NCERT) A:Yes, that is. A:Yes, It really helps in mains. Some questions come directly out of these books.
Which side book is best for class 11 physics?
NCERT Physics Class XI & Class XII. Concepts of Physics by HC Verma. DC Pandey Physics for NEET. Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker.